Author and Illustrator, Monica Safin Fedak, is now booking school and library visits to present her unique clay and mixed media artwork and share her creative process with children!
- An opportunity for children to see (and TOUCH) some of the original artwork that went into creating Monica’s books.
- An explanation on how Monica decided to illustrate her books with an emphasis on creativity and thinking outside the box.
- Monica uses an uncommon way to illustrate…she emphasizes that it’s okay to be different!
- Interactive movement activities inspired by her books to keep kids engaged and having fun.
Additional activities may include:
- A creative thinking game for small groups.
- Social-emotional education/activities emphasizing kindness.
- Science fun facts related to Monica’s stories.
- Rhyming activities.
With a background in Occupational Therapy, Monica stresses the importance of getting outdoors, staying active, and using imagination to think outside of the box.
Specific activities included in each presentation will be based on the age of the students, the time allotted, group size, and requests by the school/library staff.
Monica’s current books are great for children in preschool through second grade. She is open to adapting her presentation to meet the needs for other age groups as well.